Friday, May 9

Carrot Cake

id="recipetitle"class="fn">Carrot Cake

Carrot Cake This carrot cake is a go-to for me around Easter time, but this time I remembered to take some pictures. That means that I could finally upload it onto the blog. The recipe has been slightly adapted from my BBFF Jinelle's co-worker's recipe which is quite famous around their office. It's really basic, which is right up my alley obviously. Therefore no nuts, raisins, etc., I mean come on now.


Yup, there are some crumbs in my frosting. Get over it.

INGREDIENTS

Cake:

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
5 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups grated carrots

Cream Cheese Frosting:

1 package cream cheese
1 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
5 cups confectioner's sugar


DIRECTIONS

1) Preheat oven to 300F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans (or line muffin pan if making 12 cupcakes). In stand-up mixer, combine the sugar, oil and eggs. Grate your carrots, or get a man slave to grate them for you.

2) In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add to wet ingredients in your mixer, and beat until combined. Stir in the grated carrots.

3) Pour evenly into prepared cake pans. Bake for approximately 50 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from pan and transferring to wire racks. I never do this, so one of my cakes always breaks into several pieces. No one ever knows though because I just put it all back together and then frost it. I like this element of people thinking I'm all profesh, when really I crap the bed at baking like all of the time.

4) For the frosting, beat the cream cheese and butter together in your mixer. Once fluffy, add the vanilla, and then the confectioner's sugar one cup at a time. Frost your cake (or cupcakes) as desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...