Saturday, August 30

Martian Muffins

id="recipetitle"class="fn">Martian Muffins

Martian Muffins I may or may not have been experimenting in the kitchen again... I have this serious habit of starting to follow a recipe (baking or otherwise), only to yell out "I'm doing my own thing now!", dramatically throwing the recipe across the room. Just kidding I made that up, because to do that would involve throwing the laptop on which the recipe resides. Stephen responds with something along the lines of "ohhhhh dear, here we go". I asked him yesterday if it makes him nervous when I invent meals. He assured me that it doesn't, because everything I come up with is delicious.

I had a giant zucchini to use. I started by making a batch of zucchini chocolate chip muffins. When I went to make a second batch, I remembered the butterscotch chips in the pantry. Without a second thought, I threw those babies in there instead of chocolate. They were delightful!

My lunch, two days in a row. So great.

The inspiration for the name came after I decided to search "zucchini butterscotch chip" on Pinterest, just to see how original (crazy) I am. Turns out, there were no muffin recipes like mine, however there was a zucchini butterscotch chip cookie called a "martian cookie". Well then I guess that makes these "martian muffins".


Weird and wonderful, just like me.
INGREDIENTS

2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup butterscotch chips 


DIRECTIONS

1) Preheat oven to 325F. I've started baking muffins "low and slow", like we're BBQ'ing or something. Prepare your muffin pan by lining with muffins cups.

2) Start by grating your zucchini because it's good to get the shittiest thing out of the way first. Then beat the oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in your mixer. Stir in the zucchini.

3) In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Add your wet ingredients to this bowl and stir. Just before the mixture is moistened, stir in your chips until the batter is just combined.

4) Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Immediately remove from the pan.

Yield: 2 dozen


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...