Friday, June 7

Pinterest Recipe Trial #2: "Cloud 9" Cookies

id="recipetitle"class="fn">Pinterest Recipe Trial #2: "Cloud 9" Cookies

Pinterest Recipe Trial #2: "Cloud 9" Cookies
Holy man, I am in a stellar mood. Probably because I'm baking. And drinking. Mother just called, jokingly wanted to know if drinking beer alone and baking cookies is a red flag. I do not believe it is, I'm euphoric, thank you for your concern.

I want you all to know that the VP Accounting of the company I work for said "hi" to me at the coffee shop this morning. Then he wished me good luck on my CGA exam on his way home this evening. I'm kind of a big deal.

This is the first of a two-part cookie special. A "bake-off" if you will. This is my submission, pretty sure I'm going to win even though this recipe is brand new to me. Not to toot my own horn but "toot toot".

Presenting, the aptly named "Cloud 9" cookie.


INGREDIENTS
I don't know how that beer got in there it is not an ingredient

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup of smooth peanut butter 
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
2 tablespoons of strong, brewed coffee, cooled
1 cup of peanut butter chips
1/2 cup chocolate chips *I used mini because I like the variation in size when using many types of chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips


DIRECTIONS

1) Preheat oven to 350F. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Also consider brewing your coffee at this point to save yourself the hassle of having to put it in the fridge to get it cool enough to add.

2) Cream the butter, peanut butter, and both sugars in your stand-up mixer. Add the eggs, vanilla, and coffee next. Add the flour and mix until just combined. Stir in your chips.

3) Use an icecream scoop to drop rounded balls onto cookie sheets. Flatten tops slightly. Bake for 8-10 minutes (I did 8 because I like them soft. Cookies that is). Allow to cool a few minutes on cookie sheet then transfer to wire rack.


You should know that this is not the same beer as the first picture

TESTIMONIALS

Me: OMFG there are so many things going on in my mouth right now.

And then I thought:


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...