Saturday, August 10

August's Special VACATION Feature: Eton Mess

id="recipetitle"class="fn">August's Special VACATION Feature: Eton Mess

August's Special VACATION Feature: Eton Mess
I begin all of my vacations by asking myself two critical questions; what do I want to drink? and what do I want to eat while I drink? However, by the end of any vacation I feel as though I would be content to never eat or have an alcoholic beverage ever again. After another wonderful (yet overly indulgent) meal, we came back to my Aunt and Uncle's place for dessert. To my delight it was not as overwhelming as I feared. Nice and light, this concoction was a perfect conclusion to the day.   

 
INGREDIENTS

2 cups fresh strawberries
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
2 tablespoons of icing sugar (or less)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 package meringue cookies (broken into small pieces) **if you're really with it, make the meringue cookies your own self**


DIRECTIONS 

1) Slice the strawberries and sprinkle with one tablespoon of icing or berry sugar. Add a bit of Grand Marnier if you like (who wouldn't like?).

2) Whip the cream and add one tablespoon of icing sugar and the vanilla.

3) Fold in the strawberries and cookie pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...