Sunday, November 3

Pinterest Recipe Trial #3: Pumpkin Zucchini Bread (Muffins)

id="recipetitle"class="fn">Pinterest Recipe Trial #3: Pumpkin Zucchini Bread (Muffins)

Pinterest Recipe Trial #3: Pumpkin Zucchini Bread (Muffins) You may have noticed the change in URL. I bought my domain name. Yeah that happened.

In other news, the fact that I am single again will surprise 0% of the people who pay attention to this blog (hi mom). I'm going to go out on a limb here, and assume that we are all OK with this new development, because unfortunately:

Stef with boyfriend = Stef that is boring

My friends thought it would be comical to set me up with a pint of ice cream and a few chocolate bars. This of course to facilitate the immediate satisfaction, followed by the intense regret for eating your emotions that is socially expected of someone in such a situation.


Funny? Or just a bunch of assholes?
I woke up this morning, drank a copious amount of coffee, and figured it was about time I did another Pinterest recipe trial. Now that it's November, I also wanted to use up the pumpkin in the pantry, and put the fall pumpkin craze to bed for another year. Goodbye Starbucks pumpkin spice latte, you're a little full of yourself anyway.


INGREDIENTS

3 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup grated zucchini


DIRECTIONS

1) Preheat oven to 350F. The recipe says that this makes two loaves. Sure doesn't. Prepare one loaf pan by greasing and flouring the bottom only. After realizing I wasn't going to get two loaves out of this I lined a muffin pan with some obnoxious jack-o-lantern muffin cups. You could also just make all muffins and no loaf.

2) In stand up mixer combine the two sugars and the eggs. Then add the pumpkin and the vanilla. Mix well.

3) In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Add to the mixer and mix until combined. Stir in the zucchini.

4) Now here's where the improvisation comes in. I filled the loaf pan about 2/3 thirds full. Then the remaining batter gave me 10 muffins. I baked the muffins for 25 minutes, and the loaf for approximately 60 minutes.


 
I have to warn you, this loaf/these muffins are not moist at all (said in most sarcastic voice of all time). I can't even explain to you how much awesome is in my kitchen right now, and it's not just because I'm in here.

Recipe adapted from: http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/10/pumpkin-zucchini-bread.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...