Thursday, December 26

Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares

id="recipetitle"class="fn">Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares

Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares I'd like to start this post with an anecdote. Two years ago, around September, I was hanging out in my pajamas just like any other lazy evening. I was sitting on my couch, and I awkwardly reached over to grab something at the other end. I heard a strange noise. Was it my cat scratching something? No, he was sleeping on the back of the couch. I dismissed it. Then the next day as soon as I sit down, I hear the noise again. Alright this is just getting weird. Day after day I continue to hear the noise.

Then one day I'm walking around the apartment and "what is that noise?" turns into "what is that breeze?!". I turn around, look in the mirror, and immediately realize that the noise was the gradual ripping of the seam of the butt of my pajama pants. I had no idea, until it had ripped all the way from waistband to crotch. Thank goodness I live alone. I repeated this story to Jinelle (who cried a little it was so funny), and that Christmas she gave me a new pair of pajama pants.

Fast forward to this past September. I'm wearing the new pajama pants now, and I sit down on the couch. I HEAR THE SOUND. I jump off of the couch and sure enough, I've ripped the bum again. After laughing hysterically for a moment, I text Jinelle and tell her the situation.



Of course I was expecting another new pair this Christmas and she did not disappoint. She decided to go with a fleece pant, with a super durable stitch down the back. Not to mention they are pretty adorable.

Seen here with "Grinch" cookies, and shortbread cookies

On to the recipe! The theme is butter and the result is calories.


INGREDIENTS

1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup smooth peanut butter
2 cups butterscotch chips
1 bag of mini marshmallows (multi-colored)


DIRECTIONS

1) Put the butter, peanut butter, and butterscotch chips into a microwave safe dish. Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until ingredients are combined and smooth.

Don't look directly at it, or your arteries will clog

2) Stir in the mini marshmallows and pour into a 9x9 parchment lined, baking dish. I actually used my silicone one, so I didn't need to line it.

3) Refrigerate for at least an hour, or until firm. Turn out of baking dish and cut into bite sized squares. Store the squares in the fridge until ready to serve to avoid them softening.

After sampling one and finding it to be incredibly rich and sweet, I wasn't sure if they were going to be a hit. Turns out they were probably the most popular treat out of all my Christmas baking. Who knew. 

Adapted from Sweetapolita

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...